Data Collection Process
During your shift, you will complete the following protocol:
1. Enter the hospital (RRMC or SMH), and sign in at the lobby computer.
2. Wear your volunteer uniform and ID badge.
3. Check your list of assignments and identify the unit you will audit.
4. Prior to entering the unit, use the telephone beside the computer to call the charge nurse of the unit.
5. Once you are inside the unit, introduce yourself to the charge nurse. Explain that you are from the MAPS Program.
6. Complete your audits on the forms provided by the program coordinators.
7 At the end of your shift, submit your noncompliant observations to the charge nurse.
8. Leave the unit, and submit your remaining papers to the correct folder within the MAPS cabinet.
9. Sign out of the lobby computer.