- UCLA Healthcare makes every effort to safeguard the rights of their patients. Volunteers will not interact with the patients in any way until prompted or asked specific questions by the patient. Any conduct deemed inappropriate may lead to immediate dismissal from the project.
Conduct and Professionalism
- We expect volunteers to maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Be polite and quietly exit the area when finished with the observations. Volunteers are expected to be professionally dressed while visiting patient areas. Wear your volunteer jacket and badge at all times inside the hospital.
- You are assigned 8 units every month. You are required to volunteer for 2 hours in each of the units, adding up to a total of 16 service hours per month. You must adhere to all volunteer protocols taught during training. If you are not able to complete your assignments, you MUST email the Intern Coordinators in advance with an explanation.
- Attendance is extremely important. We are on a schedule to achieve a set number of completed observations in a specific time frame. Without volunteers who honor their commitment, MAPS cannot produce the data that UCLA Health needs.
3 Strike Policy
1. 1st incomplete assignment without advanced notice = disciplinary email from the interns.
2. 2nd incomplete assignment without advanced notice = disciplinary email from the interns.
3. 3rd incomplete assignment without advanced notice = dismissal from the program.
- Email will the be the primary method of communication. If you wish to meet with a MAPS Intern or Supervisor, please email us to schedule an appointment.
- If your phone number, email address, or UID has changed, please notify the interns to update your contact information.